PCL’s Motivational Monday
Find Your Flow
Ever heard someone talk about being in their flow or flowing with their work? The state of ‘flow’ is when you completely immersed in your work, when you are happy, productive, and often lose track of time because you’re so invested in what you’re doing. Here are 3 tips to help you find your flow today:
- Choose an important task.
- When you find work that you love, it can be easily diminished by trying to do tasks that are easy but unimportant. Find a task that is important to you – career or personal – and focus on that.
- Find your peak time.
- Find a time that is quiet for you, and a time when your brain is at its best. Use this to your advantage and use your focus to get things done.
- Learn to focus and clear away distractions.
- When you can sit and work on the task without being distracted, this generally allows you to reach that state of flow. Put on some gentle music, find a quiet room, and sit with your task for as long as you can. You’ll be surprised what you come up with!
Share your flow tips with us! What helps you stay focused and get things done? We love to see your pics and stories on our Instagram, and be sure to use the hashtag #PCLlove! For questions or to get your PCL gear, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.